FRENZY is a featured Kickstarter!
Media- FireAlpaca(for sketch) and Photoshop
You’re probably asking yourself, “Chandra did this?” Indeed I did, my skeptical chummy friends! (or, yay, you finally posted this!) I did this illustration for promotion of a book that I’m not only contributing illustrations to, but also that I am art directing! What is this book you ask that promotes the greatest of the sharks? FRENZY! That’s what! It’s an illustrated prose novel (not to be confused with a graphic novel which has a comic book pages) and it takes place in the 1970’s. Chronicling 3 Great White Sharks and the people that pose a threat to our sharky friends! Here’s the lowdown!A new illustrated novel of oceanic terror written by author Andrew E.C. Gaska about one of the world’s most beloved animals… sharks! In the early 1970s, off the North Eastern seaboard of the United States, an army amasses. This army doesn’t use guns, or bombs, or even knives. Instead its’ weapons are speed, stealth, size, and rows of flesh-tearing teeth. They gather each year at the same location to eat and mate, then break up again to traverse the oceans until the next cycle. This army poses no danger to those who stay out of its way. They make no organized attacks, lead no incursions into new territories… That is, unless they have leaders. Now, they have three. As a group or researchers, wealthy teenagers, and Vietnam veterans make their way up the coast, the army of great white sharks gather to feed on seals. The sharks, however, soon find themselves besieged by ruthless predators. As the sharks attempt to flee, three of their kind; bigger, deadlier, and more cunning than the rest, rise to the occasion, whipping this pack of great whites into a feeding… FRENZY!
Cool, right? ;D Now we need YOUR help to get this off the ground! We have started a FRENZY Kickstarter in order to pay our amazing array of artists! Who are these spectacular artisans?
Dave Dorman, Bob Eggleton, menton3, Erik Gist, Steve White, Chandra Free, Aaron Miller, Dan Dussault, Marina Bekeshko, Miki
Can’t afford to help us? Then please spread the word to everybody you can think of! Share our Kickstarter page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1867085351/frenzy-an-illustrated-novel Any bit helps!
Awesome description of awesome!
I need to update this image on DA- i have a much better one that took this further.
< / perfectionist >
One day, I’m going to properly frame my Jareth sketch that Chan drew for me. ;)
I’ll always love this one the most out of the set.
This is what the night before Dragon*Con looks like.
San Diego Comic-con Commission Fund Drive!
I’m doing limited special $60 commissions to raise funds to help with unexpected costs going to SDCC. Here’s the details! This is not like my normal commissions*. They are at a fixed rate- $60 dollars for a digital fully colored bust and a splash of color round background. [NOTE: A bust in this instance is a head to slightly below the shoulders. NO FULL BODY images.]
What you can request:
Pick 1 of the following-
- Your favorite character from whatever series [reference is nice!]
- Your character [I NEED your reference]
- A portrait of you, your friend, family, etc. [photos please] No animals please!Tell me basics you want to see in the character and any other basic information.
PAYMENT UPFRONT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE- The reason for this is so I can have fast turn around of images and to have the funds in time for SDCC [which is only a few weeks away!]. As soon as I get the money you will be slotted in the list, and receive your image before the 28th of June. Yes! That fast, if not faster! You will receive 2 jpegs of your image- one at 100% and the other at about %25 the size of the original. Original images are done at 300 dpi [aka standard high resolution] and measure out to be 8.5” x 11”. You have til Wednesday the 27th to place your order OR till the slots fill up.
I only take PAYPAL
Email me ASAP at ChandraFree@gmail.com
- open*note- If you wish to commission me for a bigger project in mind or something that doesn’t fit this format, you may still do so. Though your commission will be set aside til AFTER San Diego Comic-con. Regular prices apply and my usual commission rules.Legal Information:
- The copyright of the commissioned work is retained by the artist. I can reuse the image for my portfolios, sell them, and post online.
- These images are for your own personal use (non-commercial unless otherwise agreed upon), and not to be copied, reproduced or redistributed.
- yes! This means you can use them as your avatars, print your own personal prints [but you cannot sell them], etc.
- No cancellations accepted once work on the picture has begun.
This is how I’m trying to deal with the anxiety- The Sovereign (Bowie) #wip #goteamventure #art (Taken with instagram)
The God Machine vol 1, 2010.